GB Midwest Jiu-Jitsu for Everyone Week!
An Exciting Week of BJJ Awaits in the Midwest
Gracie Barra will have an intense and exciting week in the Midwest. The final preparation for our team to compete at the International Summer Chicago Open will go side by side with projects and meetings done to strengthen our network of schools even more in the area.
We had a chance to speak briefly with Prof. Flavio Almeida, Executive Director of GB Association USA about the activities in the Mid-West. Prof. Almeida is working closely with Profs. Carlos Lemos Jr., Marcos Barros, and Mike Buckels, our Regional Directors, on the growth and development of GB in the area.
GracieBarra.com: What is the schedule for the Jiu-Jitsu for Everyone Week in the Midwest?
FA: There is a lot going on in the Mid-West for Gracie Barra. It is such an amazing year of growth and consolidation of Master Carlos; vision in Illinois, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota and other states in the region. There are at least 3 new school opening this year and the leadership of Profs Carlos, Marcos and Mike has been a tremendous tool to implement the programs and develop the network that needs to be in place to implement the Jiu-Jitsu for Everyone Project in the Mid-West.
With that said, the activities of the week of August 12th to August 18th are just the culmination of all the work our leaders are doing in the area for many years now. But to answer your question, here is the schedule we built so far. There maybe some minor changes but the core activities are there:
- Monday, August 12th: GB Training Camp 7.00p to 9.00p at GB Downers Grove, IL
- Tuesday, August 13th: No Gi Competition Workshop 6.30p to 8.30p at GB Downers Grove, IL
- Wednesday August 14th: GB Training Camp 7.00p to 9.00p at GB Downers Grove, IL
- Thursday, August 15ht: No Gi Competition Workshop 6.30p to 8.30p at GB Downers Grove, IL
- Friday, August 16th
- GB Owners and Instructors Meeting 1.00pm at GB Downers Grove
- Special GB Black Belts Seminar 6.00pm at GB Schaumburg, IL
- Saturday, August 17th: The GB Team will defend the red Shield at the International Summer Chicago Open
- Sunday, August 18th: The GB Team will defend the red Shield at the International Summer Chicago Open